This is an English language online self-study course that benefits from tutor support. At the end of each Class, tutor input is given daily to increase awareness to students, regarding their academic strengths and weaknesses.
The learning materials for this online course cover ESOL Level 1-2; B2-C1/CEFR. (scores from 60%- 84%= Level 1/B2); (scores from 85% and above= Level 2/C1)
Initial assessment and outline of the learner’s objectives.
All four skills (listening, speaking, reading and writing) are practised using everyday topics and situations.
Type of materials used: Word document worksheets, PDFs, Audios, Videos, Online quizzes, Interactive activities, learning materials.
Unit 1: Reading, reading techniques and lexical resource
Unit 2: Writing- Construct arguments, write various academic texts and carry out research
Unit 3: Develop further understanding of the English Grammar
Unit 4: Communicate effectively, use language flexibly and effectively for social, academic and professional purposes.
Review and final assessment.
This course is appropriate for students with good English language knowledge (current B1 users), who want to further enhance their communication skills and prepare for the ESOL level 1 exam, Additional or higher education in English, or employment opportunities in English or the UK. This course could also prepare you for an Advanced English exam with the British council or a Cambridge English language assessment (FCE/CAE).
Options are discussed prior to booking the course.
The overall aim of the course is to help make your English perfect which ensures that you will be equipped to deal with academic and professional tasks in English. Upon completion of this course you should be able to:
- follow an academic course at the undergraduate level
- communicate effectively at a professional level
- participate with confidence in workplace meetings or academic tutorials and seminars
- carry out purposeful research
- express yourself with a high level of fluency
24 hours/7 days a week access to the learning platform.
- have access to a PC and fast internet connection in order to complete this course. System requirements: Windows 7, 8, 10. Updated Browsers: Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Opera. Desktop, tablet and mobile views are available.
- IT knowledge, i.e. access, browse and navigate through the learning platform, create, edit and submit documents, play/download audios/videos, use email and skype etc.
- 16+ years of age.
- Commitment towards learning/assessment schedule to successfully complete the course. Estimated study time is around 8 hours per week including tests and tutorials. Note that this is only an estimate the actual time of study depends on the individual.
- have completed Entry level 3 (B1 User) or take our Placement test.
On successful completion of this course, each student will receive a Certificate of Completion representing the marks received. Certificates are only posted to UK addresses free of charge. To conclude this course successfully, students have to receive a PASS for each Section.
Explanation of the grading system: This level of study corresponds to B2- C1 User from the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages
This course is delivered via ESOL Online Learning Portal. All course materials are available online.
Students can make payment using one of the following methods:
- Bank Transfer
Assessment, Award and Tutor support
- The course consists of 4 units (please see course content for more info) and 5 tests graded by tutors. You will receive feedback from your tutor after each submission, usually within 3 days.
- Speaking lesson with ESOL Tutor (if you choose not to attend the lesson, speaking with not be included in your certificate)